Saturday, September 27, 2008

GOT A MINIVAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At this point in our lives it would be very unwise to go into any more debt and take on a car payment. So, I prayed God would provide a bigger vehicle....since we were driving a 2002 toyota corolla...matchbox on wheels....and we have baby number 3 on the way. I had been looking on craigslist but of course any late 90s toyota or honda minivan (which is what we really wanted) was way too expensive and had lots of miles on it. I looked again tuesday night just for the heck of it and found a 2000 Toyota Sienna with 85K miles on it. They were asking $5,900 for it. I prayed and then I e-mailed them, told them our situation, and asked if they would be willing to sell it to us for $4,000 (yeah right) IF we could sell the corolla for that much (yeah right, again...it had rust on the hood, a big dent in the bumper, etc.). They said they would love to help us out but they were gonna check with carmax to see how much they could get for it. They said if carmax offered $4,800 or less then it would be ours for the 4k. So, Wed. morning we put the corolla up on craigslist to see what we could get. We had two guys come out and offer $3,000 for it. We were like, ok, we could maybe come up with another grand but not really a good idea. Our friend encouraged us to wait on God and be confident that if this was the van He had for us then ALL of the details would fall into place. We had one other guy...total surfer college dude....and his dad come look at it Wed night. They said they would offer $3,750 to keep the competition away. They also said that if the other people made a counter offer then he would too ;) So, I considered the car as sold. Then they called back later that night and said that they would just offer $4,000 cash straight up!!!! Then some lady called and offered $4,200!!! What? That is crazy!!! God does provide.We decided to go with surfer dude though. Then we had to wait until noon Thurs. to find out if we would get the van or not. I got an e-mail from the lady and guess how much carmax offered them? $4,000!!!! SO THE VAN IS OURS!!!!!!!!!! I am still in shock!!! We picked it up Thurs. night. So WOO HOO!!!! God is SO SO SO SO gracious!!!! I knew he would provide a minivan (or at least a bigger vehicle) but never in my dreams would I have imagined that he would give me a toyota Sienna, the exact van I have always wanted!!! Praise Him!!!!! Here is a pic of our newest family member ;-) Isn't she pretty?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! God is indeed good. We, too, just got a minivan on Craigslist so there was no extra debt added. I'm so excited for you. I'm hoping health will allow me to have a play date here at home since going out is really not an option. I'll keep you posted. Keeping you and your lovely family in my prayers.
Stefanie

These are the Days! said...

That's so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! God is good!!! :)

Liz (AB's) :)

Jess said...

That is wonderful! I am so happy for you.


Jessie (AB's)

Grace said...

That's awesome how God provided just what you needed...but not surprising! Yay for the minivan!

-Grace (from ABs)