Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My prayer for today

When I feel heavy, may I think of the weight of the cross on Your back as you walked to your death
When I think people do not like me, may I remember the hatred that You the Son of God endured
When I doubt that You could possibly love me, may I remember what You said to the criminal hanging on a cross next to you
When I feel despair and rejected and alone, may I think of how You must have felt when Your Father turned His face away from You!!!!!

Oh Lord, these things are the things I pray for today. I want to reflect on Your sacrifice for me and to remember that all that comes into my life is for a reason. Nothing that I encounter is a mistake nor could it compare to the hardships that You endured!!!!

Being a mom of a preschooler, and a 5 month old while at the same time growing a new little life in my tummy, I get SO tempted to seek my own comfort and rest. But the season of life that I am in right now is one that requires me to have patience with my little ones so that I can build into them the things of the Lord. So I covet your prayers today dear friends that I would run hard the race marked out for me and that I would serve my family (husband included) with joy!!!! As well as serving my Lord with joy!!!!!!

My love for the Lord needs to be put first. When that happens I know that how I perceive each situation in my life will look much different. Not that they will be easier but I will see them through the lens of the Gospel and oh how great that will be!!!! How rich and sweet will each trial prove to be when I am focused in the right.........PERSON!!!!!

Praise God for His patience with me ;-)